Library Pickup Lockers Offer 24/7 Contactless Service
Customers who are unable to get to the library during business hours can choose to have their reserved materials placed in a Library Pickup Locker for self-service, after-hours pickup. The automated lockers can also be utilized by customers desiring a contact-less library visit.
Library Pickup Lockers are available at the Cortland Library and at the Liberty Library.
To Use Library Pickup Lockers
To select items:
- Reserve your books, videos, or other library items in the online catalog on the library website.
- When prompted, select either Cortland Pickup Locker or Liberty Pickup Locker for your preferred Hold Pickup Location.
- Library staff will check out your items to you and place them in one of the lockers along with your Date Due receipt slip.
- Wait until you receive a notification that your items are available for pickup. Depending on your account communication preference, this will be a phone call, text, or email.
To pick up your items:
- Go to your library within 3 days after you are notified that your items are ready.
- Hold your Library Card under the barcode scanner on the front of the lockers to scan your card (if your card is in a protective case, you may need to take it out so that the scanner can read the barcode)
– OR – Press the last 4 digits of your Library Card number on the keypad and then press ENT (Enter)
- The door to your assigned locker(s) containing your items will pop open!
- Remove your items.
- Close the locker door and enjoy your library items!
Pickup Lockers FAQ
Q: How can I get a library locker?
Q: Can I reserve anything other than books?
Q: How long will items be available to pick up?
Q: Should I put my items back in a locker when I am returning them?
Q: Once the locker door closes, can I re-scan my card to open the door and get back in?